Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Serendipity

In my senior year of high school my Religion teacher gave us all a present - one word that summed us up - mine was serendipitous. I had to look up it - 1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2. good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for. I wasn't sure how this fit me at the time.

But now, many moons later, I have come to understand. Only what I call serendipitous now has nothing to do with luck! But everything to do with following my path and being open to allow the blessings to flow forth!

Yesterday, I received the final edits on My Mom Eats Tofu and when the editor emailed me back these were her exact words...

"I am not sure if you know this, but I am also a vegan :-) and therefore have vested interest in your book."

Serendipitous?

2 comments:

freez said...

yes you live a life of miracles-- as a writer i'm blessed to work with someone who not only appreciates my art(and that of others), but makes sacrifices to ensure it is seen, heard, enjoyed.

Serendipity=meeting Robyn

Unknown said...

Serendipity is also a faerie dragon who visits me on occasion. and you, having been up at 3a.m. on april fool's day- well, you are a creative spirit i am looking forward to meeting some day. in the mean time, i will look into getting your books, and will send info out to my friends who are also mom's and dad's i know will love your books! i am very excited for the work you and Zaccai, and your illustrator are doing. it's beautiful.