Sunday, February 24, 2008

Welcome - The Foundation of Going Green!

Welcome to the Solar Earth Mom blog! I decided to start this blog to sort out the myriad information I get from my magazines, news articles, TV, festivals, etc. on going green.

As President of Solar Publishing, it is my personal and company goal to foster a sense of connection to nature and humanity in children and adults. I believe when this connection is fostered - children naturally want to take care of the Earth and its inhabitants because they feel the Earth is their Mother and the Earth's inhabitants are their sisters and brothers.

I am in complete agreement with Richard Louv (www.thefuturesedge.com) who says that children are so plugged into TV and video games that they've lost their connection to the natural world. Solar Publishing is reconnecting children to this natural world! Awakening and acknowledging this connection is the foundation of "Going Green."

No comments: